The National Alliance Webinars: A Monthly Webinar Series
The National Alliance conducts monthly webinars that are hosted by qualified National Faculty Members. The webinars are approximately an hour long and are live, so each speaker will be available to answer questions that you may have during or after the webinar. We invite you to explore current topics of interest in insurance and risk management.
Cyber Security Risks - Protecting Your Assets
May 1, 2014, 12:30 p.m. CST
Speaker: Emily E. Duke, Esq.
- Technology makes data security breaches easy to execute, but the human element is a critical component of theft.
- Social engineering is a top method for stealing confidential information.
- Educating employees about the "black market" in information is critical to fighting data breaches.
Foreign Acquisition Risks – Be Prepared
May 6, 2014, 1:00 p.m. ET
Speaker: Brian Cochrane, Executive Vice President Global Co-Leader Aon M&A Solutions; Seth Gillston, Executive Vice President Mergers & A
- Assessing cross-border uncertainties. A discussion of techniques or protocols for evaluating cross-border risk, pricing it and possibly transferring it.
- The use of captives. The use of captives in managing foreign acquisition risk is attracting growing attention from the risk management community. This discussion will address which cross-border risks are best housed in captives and how those captives should be managed.
- Problem venues. This aspect of the webinar will look at which venues, though attractive from a business opportunity standpoint, require extra vigilance on the part of risk managers.
- Local paper. Local paper is a requirement in some geographies but not in others. The panelists will discuss the use of local paper and other insurance issues that business executives operating in foreign countries need to be aware of.
Maximizing Retirement Income
June 10, 2014, 12:30 p.m. CST
Speaker: Dennis Stone,CIC, CPCU, CLU