The National Alliance Webinars: A Monthly Webinar Series
The National Alliance conducts monthly webinars that are hosted by qualified National Faculty Members. The webinars are approximately an hour long and are live, so each speaker will be available to answer questions that you may have during or after the webinar. We invite you to explore current topics of interest in insurance and risk management.
Grasping the Impact of Risk Management in Schools
September 15, 2016, 12:30 p.m. CDT
Speaker: Judith Ann Robinson (Judyann), CSRM
School risk management is more than insurance – its understanding and managing the dynamic nature of risks in schools. Schools have a plethora of risks that range from everyday occurrences such as slips, trips, and falls to bus accidents, policies and procedures, and unemployment claims – and now the “newer” risks of cyber and public health issues. How does your school district identify and mitigate these risksandcontrol losses? Register for this webinar to see how your district fares and if other exposures are being overlooked.
- Define risk management and discuss various elements of the process
- Educate and train staff to raise risk management awareness
- Identify the impact risk management has on the various departments within schools
- Examine the value of a dedicated risk manager and a comprehensive risk management program
- Provide various resources and strategies for execution of a proper risk management program
Cyber Crime - What You Need to Know
October 12, 2016, 12:30 p.m. CDT
Speaker: Chris Christian, CIC, RPLU
This webinar is an up-to-the minute review of the evolving state of cyber crime exposures and coverages. Attendees will learn the basics of identifying insureds' cyber crime challenges and how the market is responding to address them.
Topics that will be covered include:
- What does a cyber crime loss look like?
- How does a Commercial Crime Policy address cyber crime losses?
- Where are the cyber crime gaps in traditional coverages?
- How does a cyber policy address cyber crime losses?
- The three-pronged approach to covering your insured's cyber crime exposures
Affordable Care Act Update
November 1, 2016, 12:30 p.m. CDT
Speaker: Jerry E. Rhinehart, CIC, CLU, ChFC, RHU
This webinar will provide a brief overview of the more important provisions and recent changes concerning the Affordable Care Act (ACA). It will specifically address how this law impacts individuals and employers as it relates to health insurance. During this webinar we will:
- Review the current rules and regulations regarding mandated coverage, taxes, and potential penalties affecting individuals and certain business owners
- Review recent changes to the law
- Explore options and opportunities for employers in the areas of non-traditional health insurance plans, specifically with Self-Funded Health Plans.
Lifestyle Exposures of the High Net Worth Client
December 8, 2016, 12:30 PM CDT
Speaker: Nicole Nouhra
The exposures of high net worth clients differ from other clients in many ways that are apparent. However, considerations such as lifestyle exposures are not so readily apparent. This webinar specifically examines the lifestyle exposures of high net worth clients, and the specialized knowledge that is necessary for identifying, analyzing, and controlling those exposures to ensure the proper protections are in place.
Webinar topics will include:
- What is a lifestyle exposure?
- What questions should clients be asked to effectively identify and analyze those exposures?
- What can be done to control, mitigate, or transfer those risks?