A Community of Over 60,000 Uncommon Insurance & Risk Management Professionals
The National Alliance provides lifelong learning opportunities that empower insurance and risk management professionals to achieve their career goals. Dues-paying members are part of an exclusive community funding imaginative and innovative educational content and programs.
YOUR Membership Makes a Difference
RESEARCH ACADEMY CONTENT
Your membership dues help create new and valuable content such as our new Resources eNewsletter, new website features, podcasts and webinars.
A portion of your membership dues funds our University Associate Program. By supporting insurance curriculum and internship programs, you also help develop future insurance professionals.
SPECIALTY COURSE SAVINGS
FUNDING THE FUTURE
Membership dues fund initiatives such as the CISR High School Program. This program introduces young people to the insurance and risk management industry. Your dues contributed over $200,000 to the development of the CISR High School Program in 2019-2020.
MEMBERS enjoy these exclusive benefits
Members receive a $200 savings on PROFocus courses. These specialty courses are designed to build your industry-specific business and increase your income. PROFocus courses cover niche topics such as Contractors, Insuring Healthcare Providers, Truckers, and Cyber Risks.
Dues-paid designees can now download at no charge the digital editions of our best-selling publications. Ebooks are conveniently accessed through your National Alliance PROfile.
- A Tedious Brief History of Insurance
- Critical Factors Impacting A relationship, express or implied, wherein one party (principal) delegates authority to another person (agent or proxy) to undertake certain activities for the principal. The agent’s limit of authority and discretionary power depends upon the agreement between the parties. https://youtu.be/s_hHkK95lbA More Value
- Growth Performance Standards
- Life & Benefits Essentials
- Property & Casualty Insurance Essentials
- Producer Profile
- Pulse of Customer Service
- Process of managing uncertainty of exposures that affect an organization’s assets and financial statements using five steps: identification, analysis, control, financing and administration. More Essentials
Your membership supports a singularly unique relationship with Florida State University ranked as the #1 Process of managing uncertainty of exposures that affect an organization’s assets and financial statements using five steps: identification, analysis, control, financing and administration. More and Insurance Programs of all universities in the United States. This relationship allows us to work with graduate and undergraduate students on all levels as well as develop close ties with 29 other universities. In this way, students obtain a better understanding and appreciation of you and the industry. This affiliation brings you the opportunity to hire and train some of the brightest students at the collegiate level.
The National Alliance is the only national education program providing scholarships to students at every level. These scholarships extend from high school to MBA programs at major universities. More than $325,000 have been granted to students who have made a commitment to learning more about our industry.
- Gray Areas of A relationship, express or implied, wherein one party (principal) delegates authority to another person (agent or proxy) to undertake certain activities for the principal. The agent’s limit of authority and discretionary power depends upon the agreement between the parties. https://youtu.be/s_hHkK95lbA More Errors or Omissions
- Ensuring You Are Insuring the HO Property A situation, practice or condition that may lead to an adverse financial consequence; an activity or resource; people and assets More Correctly!
- Becoming a Cyber Consultant
- Assumption or limiting exposures of certain liabilities relating to another party. See non-insurance risk transfer. More and Additional Person(s) protected under an insurance contract. Status: The Inmates are Running the Asylum
- Embracing Liability resulting from a director or officer of an organization committing a negligent act or omission, misstatement or misleading statement. NEW BOOK RELEASE:
EXECUTIVE LIABILITY INSURANCE: EVOLVING TIMES, EVOLVING EXPOSURES, EVOLVING INSURANCE -6TH EDITION by Richard Clarke, CIC
More Insurance and Understanding Claims Potential
CIC Select provides access to over two hundred insurers for dues paying CICs. MarketScout and its insurer partners appreciate the dedication and professionalism of CICs. In recognition of the superior accounts submitted, CIC Select increases commissions by 20% on new non admitted policies. Commission increases for admitted business will vary based upon the insurer providing coverage.
CICs who place business through CIC Select will also participate in profit commissions paid by applicable insurers. Increased volume in CIC Select will benefit all CICs.
*This benefit applies only to dues-paying CICs.
Pay Membership Dues
Frequently Asked Questions
To receive the full benefit of membership in CIC, CRM, and CPRM, payments should be made prior to January 1. These dues are annual and provide benefits from January 1-December 31.
For CISR or CSRM membership, the benefits cover 12 months, starting with the date payment was received.
Yes, call 800-633-2165 or send an email requesting assistance. You will need to commit to a schedule for fulfilling the missed updates and pay your membership dues for the current year. You should also inquire about the new Subscription Plan since you will be attending more than one program in the year and membership dues are included in the subscription.
A status is available to CICs who are ready to retire, but not ready to give up the designation for which they worked so diligently and maintained for so many years. CIC Emeritus status is maintained with annual dues payment and no annual update is required. The CIC Emeritus status guidelines are:
- Candidates must be retired from the insurance or risk management industry
- years held designation plus age must equal 70 or greater,and
- CICs must be dues-paid members in good standing.
Those are the technical requirements; however, it means much more than that to be an Emeritus CIC. These professionals are committed to continuing education and to the community, they have helped to build and foster. They continue to support our efforts to broaden the opportunities to learn and to succeed.
If you have any questions about the Emeritus status or how to apply, please call Program Services at 800-633-2165 for assistance.
In recognition of the many milestones and achievements CICs have made in their successful careers, the CIC Board of Governors initiated the Tenured CIC status in 2011. Significant educational achievements and a record of maintaining your designation have broadened each individual’s substantial base of knowledge. Therefore, this special recognition of tenure has been granted to CICs who have met the following criteria:
- Held the designation for 25 or more years,
- or CICs who have not held the designation for 25+ years, but are 70 years old or older,
- The designation is in good standing,
- AND membership dues are current.
These designees will be eligible for tenured status and may maintain their designation by paying CIC dues every year and attending a qualified program every other year.
Best of all, tenured designees retain all of the rights and privileges of the designation and of their membership in the Society.
If you have any questions about the Tenured status or how to apply, please call Program Services at 800-633-2165 for assistance.
A Different way to learn.
A Quicker Way To Earn CE Credit. Professional Development. Designations. Annual Updates.
Subscription Memberships are a quick way to take care of annual updates and dues at the same time!
Our yearly online subscription membership provides flexibility with education and is a simple way to earn CE, complete yearly updates, and achieve designations quickly.