The CE Series offers online self-paced courses that support insurance and risk management knowledge.
This series is open to all professionals and includes:
- instruction from expert insurance and risk management professionals
- specific curricula, policy, and forms to meet everyday agency needs
- technical content with practical applications and scenarios taken from real-world cases
CE Self-Study Courses
Analyze the reasons additional insured status is requested and get an overview of common additional insured endorsements.
Additional insured endorsements and certificates of insurance are part of the everyday life of many insurance professionals, especially those working in commercial lines. In this online course, insurance professionals examine the reasons additional insured status is requested. The course also provides an overview of common additional insured endorsements. Certificate issuance can be a continual activity for an agency that specializes in certain market segments. Careful certificate processing is vital for the success of any agency and is covered in a discussion with examples.
- Introduction to Additional Insureds
- Additional Insureds and the Commercial General Liability Policy
- Additional Insureds and the Business Auto Policy
- Certificates of Insurance
Get an overview of laws and regulations governing federal contractors, types of exposures, underwriting, and EPLI provisions and exclusions.
This online course covers employment practices liability insurance with a special focus on the issues involved in designing a coverage program for the commercial client.
- Overview Laws Governing Employment Practices
- Overview of Regulations Governing Federal Contractors
- Types of Damages
- EPL Exposures
- Underwriting and Pricing
- EPLI Policy Provisions
- EPLI Policy Exclusions
- Important EPLI Policy Characteristics
- EPLI Claims Management
- EPLI Loss Control & Risk Management
- The EPLI Marketplace
- Current Trends and Issues in EPLI
Learn the particulars of the ISO Business Auto Policy, a critical line of business for commercial casualty insurance, and the exclusions, endorsements, and limits of liability that affect it.
This online course is designed to increase and strengthen your knowledge of the ISO Business Auto Policy, a critical line of business for commercial casualty insurance.
- Business Auto Exposures
- Newly Acquired Autos and Liability Coverage Extensions
- Who is an Insured?
- The Insuring Agreement (Liability Coverage)
- Liability Exclusions
- Limit of Insurance
- Physical Damage Coverage and Exclusions
Brush up on the ISO Commercial General Liability Policy and its coverage parts with this seminar.
Producers and account executives can refresh their knowledge of the ISO Commercial General Liability Policy with this online course.
- Overview of Commercial General Liability exposures
- CGL Coverage Parts
- Other Provisions
This course will give you the skills you need to identify the EPL exposures that exist for your clients and help them understand its importance to their business.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance is a coverage created in response to the ever increasing number of lawsuits brought on by employment-related activities. It’s no secret that claims made against employers for alleged causes such as discrimination, wrongful termination, and retaliation are on the rise.
As an insurance professional, the value that you bring to your clients is one of their keys to success. This course will enable you to identify the EPL exposures that exist for them, and help them understand its importance to their business.
- The Need For EPLI
- Basis of Liability for EPL Claims
- Identifying Exposures
- Overcoming Customer Objections to EPLI
- Where to Find Coverage
- Claims Made Concepts
- Common EPLI Policy Features
Learn a systematic approach to analyze your customers’ property ownership needs and the endorsements to the policy that cover the risks.
Our clients’ unique lifestyles, activities, and property ownership can easily produce loss exposures which find only limited coverage under the ISO Homeowners Program. You need to use a systematic approach to analyze your customers’ needs, and then offer endorsements to the policy to handle the risks.
- Endorsements designed to extend available coverage to structures and other real property.
- Other Structures on the Residence Premises
- Other Structures away from the Residence Premises
- Replacement Cost Loss Settlement for Certain Non-Building Structures
- Loss Assessment Coverage
- Ordinance or Law Coverage
- Endorsements designed to extend the amount of coverage available to personal property
- Scheduled Personal Property Endorsements
- Coverage C Replacement Cost Loss Settlement
- Personal Property at Other Residences
- Coverage C Increased Special Limits of Liability
- Special Computer Coverage
Identify the appropriate solutions, such as a policy endorsement, or even a specialty policy to cover clients’ recreational vehicles like golf carts, snowmobiles, or ATVs.
“Toys” are motorized recreational vehicles such as riding mowers, snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, and so on —many personal lines customers own at least one!
The Homeowners Policy and Personal Auto Policy are not designed to handle these risks, so the potential exists for a coverage gap. It is important to identify the “Toys” exposure with your customer and offer the appropriate solutions, such as a policy endorsement, or even a specialty policy.
- The Risk Management Process
- Golf Carts
Examine the liabilities and insurance available to those who sell or furnish alcoholic beverages to the public.
Learn how to assist your customers who sell or furnish alcoholic beverages to the public:
- Liquor and Liability
- Statutory Liability Involving the Sale or Gift of Alcoholic Beverages
- Common Law Liability Involving the Sale or Gift of Alcoholic Beverages
- The Need for Separate Liquor Liability Coverage
- Common Characteristics of Liquor Liability Policy
- Liquor Liability Underwriting
This seminar helps you pinpoint exposures and appropriate coverage for endorsing the ISO Commercial Property Policy in unique situations.
When your clients have unique exposures, they can’t get by with a standard commercial property policy. You need to know how to protect them against their particular risks and keep your errors and omissions carrier happy with specific coverage endorsements.
The course teaches the identification of exposures and offers appropriate coverage for endorsing the ISO Commercial Property Policy for the following risks:
- Spoilage Coverage
- Utility Services Direct Damage Coverage
- Ordinance or Law Coverage
Improve your technical skills with the practical knowledge you need to better answer your client’s important workers compensation questions.
This course is designed to provide a clear interpretation of the workers compensation system, workers compensation insurance, and employers liability insurance. The Workers Compensation course is interactive and will improve your technical skills giving you the practical knowledge you need. You will be able to immediately apply what you learn to better answer your client’s important coverage questions, adding real value to your client relationships.
- Introduction/Overview of Workers Compensation
- Important Details About Workers Compensation
- The Information Page
- The Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Policy
- Endorsements to the Policy
What's in it for Your Agency or Company?
- Client protection and retention
- Topics that cover state-specific information and forms
- Ways to grow the agency‘s divisions and inform team members
- Reduced Errors & Omissions
- Better business for company partners with increased technical knowledge from courses like Spoilage, Utilities, and Ordinance of Law
What's in it for You?
- Ability to increase your earnings with knowledge of policy, coverage, and exposures with courses like Commercial General Liability and Business Auto Policy
- Learn to cross-sell and round out accounts with Commercial Lines and Personal Lines Courses