CIC Tenured & Emeritus Status
Tenured CIC- In recognition of the many milestones and achievements CICs have made in their successful careers, the CIC Board of Governors initiated the Tenured CIC status in 2011. Significant educational achievements and a record of maintaining your designation have broadened each individual’s substantial base of knowledge. Therefore, this special recognition of tenure has been granted to CICs who have met the following criteria:
- Held the designation for 25 or more years,
- or CICs who have not held the designation for 25+ years, but are 70 years old or older,
- Designation is in good standing,
- AND membership dues are current.
These CICs will be eligible for tenured status and may maintain their designation by paying CIC dues every year and attending a qualified program every other year.
Best of all, tenured CICs retain all of the rights and privileges of the designation and of their membership in the Society.
CIC Emeritus- A status available to CICs who are ready to retire, but not ready to give up the designation for which they worked so diligently and maintained for so many years. CIC Emeritus status is maintained with annual dues payment and no annual update is required. The CIC Emeritus status guidelines are:
- Candidates must be retired from the insurance or risk management industry
- years held designation plus age must equal 70 or greater,and
- CICs must be dues-paid members in good standing.
Those are the technical requirements; however, it means much more than that to be an Emeritus CIC. These professionals are committed to continuing education and to the community they have helped to build and foster. They continue to support our efforts to broaden the opportunities to learn and to succeed.
If you have any questions about the Tenured and Emeritus status or how to apply, please call Program Services at 800-633-2165 for assistance.