The National Alliance.
ProgramsCIC Personal Lines CIC Commercial Casualty CIC Commercial Property CIC Life & Health CIC Agency Management CIC Commercial Multiline Institute CIC Insurance Company Operations Institute
Commercial Casualty Institute
Most businesses have exposures that can be protected by the most common commercial casualty coverages offered in the insurance marketplace. This institute focuses on providing a thorough understanding of these primary coverage areas. You will understand how to design the best coverage for your client.
- Commercial General Liability Concepts and Coverage
- Additional Insured Concepts and Endorsements
- Business Automobile Coverages and Endorsements
- Workers Compensation and Employers Liability
- Learn what liability exposures exist in the areas of premises, operations, products and completed operations, and personal and advertising injury liability. Understand important legal concepts and how they correlate with CGL coverage. Determine what coverage the CGL provides, who is insured, what is excluded, how the limits apply and be able to identify appropriate CGL endorsements.
- Explore the reasons for additional insured status and what problems may be created by adding an additional insured. The purpose, coverage and limitations of the more commonly used additional insured endorsements will be explained. Waivers of subrogation and the impact of the “Other Insurance” policy condition will also be addressed.
- Identify the major coverages and exposures related to various uses of “covered autos” (owned, nonowned and hired). Determine “who is as an insured”, what exclusions apply, the gaps of coverage, and some endorsements that modify the Business Auto Coverage Form.
- Understand important legal concepts and employment exposures of today’s workers compensation system. Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance will be explained along with some of the more commonly used endorsements.