The National Alliance.
ProgramsCIC Personal Lines CIC Commercial Casualty CIC Commercial Property CIC Life & Health CIC Agency Management CIC Commercial Multiline Institute CIC Insurance Company Operations Institute
Commercial Property Institute
In order to maximize coverage and protect your increasingly complex commercial property accounts, it is important to have a detailed understanding of Commercial Property coverages and endorsements, as well as the concepts used when correctly writing this business. Equally important is a familiarity with other coverages such as Time Element (Business Income), and Equipment Breakdown. At this institute you will learn to help provide your customers with the advice and protection they need.
- Commercial Property Coverage Forms & Endorsements
- Commercial Property Causes of Loss & Endorsements
- Equipment Breakdown
- Time Element Coverages & Endorsements
- Examine the property coverage found in the Building and Personal Property Coverage Form including the various Additional Coverages, Coverage Extensions, and Optional Coverages. Discuss valuation methods and the application of coinsurance. Learn the proper use of various endorsements.
- Examine the common coverage, exclusions, and limitations of the three Causes of Loss Forms (Basic, Broad, and Special) with emphasis on the Special Causes of Loss Form. You will also explore the need for the Legal Liability Coverage Form.
- Learn the property exclusions that determine when an Equipment Breakdown Policy is needed. Determine the types of equipment to include, and the role of engineering as it relates to these policies.
Determine the what, how, and why of Business Income Coverage and Extra Expense coverage. Learn the importance of complying with the coinsurance provision and which Optional Coverages are used to remove or suspend this provision. Examine several valuable Business Income endorsements.