The National Alliance.
ProgramsCIC Personal Lines CIC Commercial Casualty CIC Commercial Property CIC Life & Health CIC Agency Management CIC Commercial Multiline Institute CIC Insurance Company Operations Institute
The content of CIC Institutes is advanced and the examinations challenging, so you should have a good, fundamental understanding of the subject matter before attending.
Any one of these qualifications makes you eligible to attend CIC institutes:
- You are a licensed agent, broker, adjuster, or solicitor; or
- Have at least two years of full-time experience in the insurance industry or as a risk management practitioner; or
- Have served as a full-time insurance faculty member at an accredited college or university.
To Earn the Designation:
- Take five of the six (soon to be seven) CIC institutes or four institutes and one Certified Risk Manager (CRM) course or one Certified Personal Risk Manager (CPRM) course and
- Pass all five CIC exams within five calendar years after you pass your first CIC exam or
- Pass any four CIC exams plus any one of the five CRM or CPRM exams within five calendar years after you pass your first CIC, CRM, or CPRM exam.
After receiving the CIC designation, no further examinations are required. To retain your designation, attend at least one of these in its entirety every year:
- Any one of the six (soon to be seven) CIC institutes
- A James K. Ruble Seminar*
- A Dynamics of Selling program**
- A Dynamics of Sales Management program**
- A Dynamics of Company/Agency Relationships (company personnel only) program**
- A Certified Risk Manager course
- A Certified Personal Risk Manager course
- Entrepreneurial Insurance Symposium**
*To attend a Ruble Seminar you must be a dues-paid member of CIC or CRM.
**To receive update credit, you must be a dues-paid member of CIC or CRM.