Ethics is about fairness honesty integrity
Legal & Ethical Requirements of Insurance Professionals
Self-Paced Moral principles of a group or individual as developed over time and with life experiences. More Course
The revised Ethics course teaches you the concepts of business ethics. You will learn where and how problems originate, the importance of using a Code of Ethics within an insurance organization, and the resulting benefits of abiding by that code. You will also learn how to manage workplace ethics with preferred behaviors and how to avoid potential conflicts.
What you will learn:
Describe, define, and explain the importance of ethics in business.
- Foundation of Ethics
- Why Is the Topic of Moral principles of a group or individual as developed over time and with life experiences. More Important to Me?
- Ethics and Insurance
Define “agent”; understand differences in authority and licenses, how insurance is regulated, and important federal and state regulations.
- What is an agent?
- Authority of Agents
- Agent Licenses
- State’s Authority to Regulate Insurance
- Federal Regulations
- State Regulations
The “adhesion” principle and other aspects of insurance contracts.
- Terms of Contracts that Apply to Insurance Contracts
Types of claims regularly paid by agents and errors and omissions insurance for negligent acts.
- Failure to exercise a degree of care which a reasonably prudent person would exercise under the same circumstances. The following four elements must be proven to establish negligence: a duty owed, a breach of that duty, causation, and damages resulting from the breach. More Defined
- The Definition of Professional
- Court Cases
- Beyond Professional
Major categories of agent obligations, the prevalence of fraud, laws when working with peers.
- Obligation to the Consumer
- Consumer Attitudes Towards An intentional manipulation of the truth, and the act of getting someone to rely on that manipulation of the truth, which results in the person’s detriment. More
- Obligation to the Insurance Company
- Agent’s Obligation to Peers
NAIC Unfair Trade Practices Model Act, common laws relating to unfair claims settlement practices, E&O claims and policies, and the meaning of The Golden Rule.
- Unfair Trade Practices
- Unfair A demand or obligation for payment as a result of a loss. More Settlement
- E&O Coverage
- The Golden Rule