There are two types of online courses and two types of proctoring. Please look for your course series below.
SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE EXAM PROCESS
All Self-Paced Online Courses require the participant to take a final exam for state CE credit, or earning a designation. The 1 hour exam must be taken in the presence of a proctor or monitor.
- The proctor/monitor and participant must sign an affidavit affirming that the exam was taken in accordance with either the state requirements, if applicable, or use the proctoring rules listed below.
- The digital affidavit is filled out and submitted online after a successful final exam. The resulting document is stored in the MyDocuments section of the participant’s MyPage account.
- A paper affidavit is filled out and submitted when the transmission of the electronic affidavit fails for any reason. The paper affidavit is generally submitted as a .pdf through fax, scan or email. A copy is saved for reference at The National Alliance.
ONLINE CLASSROOM EXAM PROCESS
Online exams must be proctored by either a pre-approved proctor/testing center or MonitorEDU (https://scicproctor.com). A list of approved proctors and testing centers can be found on your course website once you register. Exam proctoring typically requires an additional proctoring fee. Estimated fees are listed on the approved proctor and testing center list, but please contact the proctor directly to confirm their current fee. You will be responsible for making your own appointment and may only schedule within the specified 3 day exam period for the course. You may also propose a testing center in your area and we will contact them; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proctor & Monitor Rules
The proctor must read and follow these guidelines for administering the Online exam.
- Confirm the student’s identity by using a photo identification such as a driver’s license
- The student may not launch the exam unless the proctor is present.
- The student may not launch the exam more than one time per registration fee. Disconnects or technical difficulties must be reported to the Online Help Desk by calling 800-633-2165 or email at email@example.com. If taking the exam on the weekend, someone will assist you the next business day.
- Be certain that the student does not receive any outside assistance while taking the exam. This includes course materials, help from other persons, prepared notes, and access to other websites. The student may use a non-programmable calculator.
- Remain in the presence of the student from the time the student starts the exam to the time he or she finishes, or until the end of the maximum time allowed for the test, whichever comes first.
- Refuse to certify the student if he or she violates any proctoring rule.
- Submit any additional documents required by the student’s state (NEW YORK MONITORS must mail the affidavit of exam, monitor approval document and CE request form for the student).
- Online exams must be completed within one hour. It is the responsibility of the proctor to confirm the time in and out of the exam by entering the times in the fields provided during the exam process.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to earn credit hours for state CE requirements, the participants must select a proctor/monitor who meets the qualifications defined by the state, if required. Participants’ resident states not listed below needs to follow The National Alliance requirement of using a disinterested third party to proctor/monitor the participant’s final exam.
Disinterested Third Party: Someone with no direct business or family relationship to the participant. For example, an agency principal, a supervisor, a subordinate, a friend or family member would NOT qualify as a disinterested third party.