William T. Hold Seminars offer topics that expand and support the CISR and CSRM program curricula and take you further along your learning path.
They underpin the basics and dig into specific insurance areas that advance your professional development.
These seminars, named in Dr. William T. Hold’s honor, cover more than forty essential topics—personal lines, commercial lines, life and health, and risk management, plus specialty topics, such as Insuring “Toys” and Liquor Liability, and advanced topics, like EPL. These seminars:
- provide instruction from expert insurance and risk management professionals,
- include specific curricula, policy, and forms to meet everyday agency needs,
- deliver technical content with practical applications and scenarios taken from cases handled by faculty,
- act as informative resources for CISR and CSRM updates to support and expand insurance and risk management knowledge
- open to all insurance professionals.
William T. Hold Seminars Traditional Classroom
Examine detailed parts of coverage for commercial clients in areas like cyber, crime, and inland marine.
These seminars provide a professional’s comprehensive look at detailed parts of coverage for your commercial clients. By looking at a different range of coverages and forms, it will help you build a strong, resilient book of business.
- Business Auto Coverages
- Businessowners Policy
- Certificates of Insurance & Additional Insureds
- Commercial Casualty Q & A
- Crime Coverages
- Commercial Inland Marine
- Commercial Property Q & A
- Cyber Liability
- Directors & Officers
- Employment-Related Practices — Exposures & Coverages
- Professional Liability Coverages & Solutions
- Workers Compensation
Get personal and commercial lines solutions to problems you deal with in your business every day.
These seminars are created from the most timely and most often requested personal and commercial lines topics. Commercial Multiple Topics is designed to provide you with solutions to the problems you incur in your business every day.
- A Problems and Solutions Approach to Homeowners
- A Problems and Solutions Approach to Personal Auto Insurance
- Ethics for Today
- Ordinance or Law
- Excess & Surplus Lines
- Managing Personal Risks with Insurance
- Puzzling Personal Lines Questions
- Contractors Equipment and Builders Risk Marine Lines
- Protect Your Client—Protect Yourself
- Flood Insurance for Personal Lines
- Cyber Liability
- Business Auto Policy and Endorsements
Find out about a variety of exposures and the details of coverages that can affect personal lines clients.
These seminars go into greater detail concerning the exposures and coverages that affect your personal lines clients. Get valuable question and answer sessions with instructors.
- Insuring Flood NFIP Review
- Insuring In-Home Business
- Managing Personal Risks with Insurance
- Personal Lines Cases
- Personal Umbrella Policies
- Q & A Homeowners
- Q & A Personal
- Personal Lines Q & A
- Insuring “Toys” (Rec Vehicles, Boats, Golf Carts, and so on)
William T. Hold Seminars Online Course Options
Analyze the reasons additional insured status is requested and get an overview of common additional insured endorsements.
WTH Additional Insureds/Certificates of Insurance Self-Paced Online
Additional insured endorsements and certificates of insurance are part of the everyday life of many insurance professionals, especially those working in commercial lines. In this online course, insurance professionals examine the reasons additional insured status is requested. The course also provides an overview of common additional insured endorsements. Certificate issuance can be a continual activity for an agency that specializes in certain market segments. Careful certificate processing is vital for the success of any agency and is covered in a discussion with examples.
- Introduction to Additional Insureds
- Additional Insureds and the Commercial General Liability Policy
- Additional Insureds and the Business Auto Policy
- Certificates of Insurance
Get an overview of laws and regulations governing federal contractors, types of exposures, underwriting, and EPLI provisions and exclusions.
WTH Advanced Employment Practices Liability Self-Paced Online
This online course covers employment practices liability insurance with a special focus on the issues involved in designing a coverage program for the commercial client.
- Overview Laws Governing Employment Practices
- Overview of Regulations Governing Federal Contractors
- Types of Damages
- EPL Exposures
- Underwriting and Pricing
- EPLI Policy Provisions
- EPLI Policy Exclusions
- Important EPLI Policy Characteristics
- EPLI Claims Management
- EPLI Loss Control & Risk Management
- The EPLI Marketplace
- Current Trends and Issues in EPLI
Learn the particulars of the ISO Business Auto Policy, a critical line of business for commercial casualty insurance, and the exclusions and extensions and limits of liability that affect it.
WTH Business Auto Self-Paced Online
This online course is designed to increase and strengthen your knowledge of the ISO Business Auto Policy, a critical line of business for commercial casualty insurance.
- Business Auto Exposures
- Newly Acquired Autos and Liability Coverage Extensions
- Who is an Insured?
- The Insuring Agreement (Liability Coverage)
- Liability Exclusions
- Limit of Insurance
- Physical Damage Coverage and Exclusions
Brush up on the ISO Commercial General Liability Policy and its coverage parts with this seminar.
WTH Commercial General Liability Self-Paced Online
Producers and account executives can refresh their knowledge of the ISO Commercial General Liability Policy with this online course.
- Overview of Commercial General Liability exposures
- CGL Coverage Parts
- Other Provisions
Why do people buy disability income and long term care insurance coverages? Learn the financial consequences of inadequate or no coverage.
WTH Disability Income & Long Term Care Insurance
Disability income insurance (DI) is most often offered as an employee benefit. This important coverage provides an income stream for a person who suffers total or partial disability and cannot work for a period of time. Long term care insurance (LTC) is becoming an increasingly attractive coverage, as the circumstances of U. S. families have changed considerably in the last few decades.
Learn about both disability income and long term care insurance —why people buy these coverages and the financial consequences of inadequate or no coverage. You’ll also study terms and definitions associated with each type of policy.
Other topics include:
- Underwriting considerations
- Policy provisions, exclusions, riders
- Tax considerations
- Benefit types, benefit triggers, and
- Elimination and benefit periods
This course will give you the skills you need to identify the EPL exposures that exist for your clients and help them understand its importance to their business.
WTH Employment Practices Liability Insurance Self-Paced Online
Employment Practices Liability Insurance is a relatively new coverage created in response to the ever increasing number of lawsuits brought on by employment-related activities. It’s no secret that claims made against employers for alleged causes such as discrimination, wrongful termination, and retaliation are on the rise.
As an insurance professional, the value that you bring to your clients is one of their keys to success. This course will enable you to identify the EPL exposures that exist for them, and help them understand its importance to their business.
- The Need For EPLI
- Basis of Liability for EPL Claims
- Identifying Exposures
- Overcoming Customer Objections to EPLI
- Where to Find Coverage
- Claims Made Concepts
- Common EPLI Policy Features
Examine an assortment of policies that make up health insurance, from medical expense coverage to vision care and dental coverage, plus a variety of delivery systems and health plans.
WTH Health Insurance Self-Paced Online
Premiums and health care expenditures are increasing steadily, straining the resources of employers and individuals. In fact these costs have become a major expense category for most Americans. In the U.S., reform efforts aim to create efficiencies in the health care delivery system, reduce consumption, and bring more people under health insurance coverage.
This course will demonstrate that health insurance includes a diverse assortment of policies, from medical expense coverage to vision care and dental coverage, plus a variety of delivery systems and health plans designed to manage the high cost of care.
- Types of Medical Expense
- Group Plans
- Underwriting Considerations
- Delivery Systems
- Common Policy Characteristics
- Ancillary Health Care Products
- Consumer-Driven Plans
- Federal Regulations
Learn a systematic approach to analyze your customers’ property ownership needs and the endorsements to policy that cover the risks.
WTH Homeowners Property Endorsements Self-Paced Online
Our clients’ unique lifestyles, activities, and property ownership can easily produce loss exposures which find only limited coverage under the Homeowners 2000 Program. You need to use a systematic approach to analyze your customers’ needs, and then offer endorsements to the policy to handle the risks.
- Endorsements designed to extend available coverage to structures and other real property.
- Other Structures on the Residence Premises
- Other Structures away from the Residence Premises
- Replacement Cost Loss Settlement for Certain Non-Building Structures
- Loss Assessment Coverage
- Ordinance or Law Coverage
- Endorsements designed to extend the amount of coverage available to personal property
- Scheduled Personal Property Endorsements
- Coverage C Replacement Cost Loss Settlement
- Personal Property at Other Residences
- Coverage C Increased Special Limits of Liability
- Special Computer Coverage
Identify the appropriate solutions, such as a policy endorsement, or even a specialty policy to cover clients’ recreational vehicles like golf carts, snowmobiles, or ATVs.
WTH Insuring “Toys” Self-Paced Online
How many of your customers think that their child’s motorized car has liability coverage under the Homeowners Policy? Do they believe that the Personal Auto Policy will cover a rented golf cart or snowmobile? “Toys” are motorized recreational vehicles such as riding mowers, snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, and so on —many personal lines customers own at least one!
The Homeowners Policy and Personal Auto Policy are not designed to handle these risks, so the potential exists for a coverage gap. It is important to identify the “Toys” exposure with your customer and offer the appropriate solutions, such as a policy endorsement, or even a specialty policy.
- The Risk Management Process
- Golf Carts
Understand the value of term life insurance, permanent life insurance, and the common characteristics of life insurance policies.
WTH Life Insurance Self-Paced Online
To understand what your customer needs to know about life insurance, just imagine your family’s financial situation should you pass away. If you are single, have you set aside the funds for your funeral expenses, in addition to what you are planning to leave your loved ones? How about loans? Creditors will certainly apply to the estate of the deceased for repayment and sometimes to the family. Do you have customers who are employers? Life insurance can be a very affordable and worthwhile employee benefit.
This online course can answer important questions from both the consumer’s or agent’s perspective.
- Parties to the Life Insurance Contract
- Term Life Insurance
- Permanent Life Insurance
- Common Characteristics of Life Insurance Policies
Examine the liabilities and policy requirements of those who sell or furnish alcoholic beverages to the public.
WTH Liquor Liability Self-Paced Online
Learn how to assist your customers who sell or furnish alcoholic beverages to the public:
- Liquor and Liability
- Statutory Liability Involving the Sale or Gift of Alcoholic Beverages
- Common-Law Liability Involving the Sale or Gift of Alcoholic Beverages
- The Need for Separate Liquor Liability Coverage
- Common Characteristics of Liquor Liability Policy
- Liquor Liability Underwriting
This seminar includes scenario-based application exercises which allow you to learn to read and interpret policy language in the context of real-world claims.
WTH Preparing for CIC Homeowners Self-Paced Online
In this highly interactive course, you will learn the process for successful coverage analysis, providing you with the skills needed to determine whether or not a policy provides coverage for personal residential situations.
Each section includes scenario-based application exercises which allow you to learn to read and interpret policy language in the context of real world claims. In addition to better preparing yourself to serve your clients, this online course can also prepare you for the Homeowners portion of the CIC Personal Lines Course. The 2-1/2 day Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC) Courses represent an amazing, comprehensive program taught by experts in the field.
- Homeowners Property Coverage Analysis
- Homeowners Liability Coverage Analysis
- Homeowners Med Pay Coverage Analysis
Take a closer look at Personal Auto Part A Liability Coverage and Personal Auto Coverage Part D for Damage to Your Auto.
WTH Preparing for CIC Personal Auto Self-Paced Online
Learn the process for successful coverage analysis, which provides you with the skills needed to determine whether or not a policy provides coverage for personal auto situations.
Both sections of this course include scenario-based application exercises which allow you to learn to read and interpret policy language in the context of real world claims. In addition to better preparing yourself to serve your clients, this online course can also prepare you for the CIC Personal Lines. The 2-1/2 day Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC) Courses represent a thoroughly rewarding learning experience and are led by accomplished insurance practitioners
- Five Steps in Analyzing Personal Auto Part A Liability Cover
- Six Steps in Analyzing Personal Auto Part D Coverage for Damage to Your Auto
Professional Liability insurance is highly specialized and involves a wide variety of stand-alone products for professionals and nontraditional professionals.
WTH Professional Liability Concepts Self-Paced Online
Learn how specific Professional Liability coverage options can make a significant difference in the peace-of-mind of your clients. Professional Liability insurance is highly specialized and involves a wide variety of stand-alone products. However, Professional Liability policies share several common characteristics and concepts that are the focus of this online course.
Traditionally and historically, doctors and lawyers are the “professionals” that first come to mind as most in need of Professional Liability or Malpractice Insurance. In fact, a whole range of new, nontraditional professionals now require Professional Liability or Errors & Omissions insurance protection.
Consultants such as landscape architects, beauticians, tax preparers, and even educators, are advised to purchase professional coverage. Many of these service providers have contractual obligations to maintain Professional Liability coverage. Two new terms describe policies covering nontraditional professionals: Miscellaneous Professional Insurance and Errors & Omissions Coverage.
- Foundation of Professional Liability
- Claims Made vs. Occurrence Policies
- Common Characteristics of Professional Liability Policies
- Policy Study — Lawyers Professional
This seminar helps you pinpoint exposures and appropriate coverage for endorsing the ISO Commercial Property Policy in unique situations.
WTH Spoilage, Utilities and Ordinance or Law Self-Paced Online
When your clients have unique exposures, they can’t get by with a standard commercial property policy. You need to know how to protect them against their particular risks and keep your errors and omissions carrier happy with specific endorsements.
The course teaches the identification of exposures and offers appropriate coverage for endorsing the ISO Commercial Property Policy for the following risks:
- Spoilage Coverage
- Utility Services Direct Damage Coverage
- Ordinance or Law Coverage
Improve your technical skills with the practical knowledge you need to better answer your client’s important workers compensation questions.
WTH Workers Compensation Self-Paced Online
This course is designed to provide a clear interpretation of the workers compensation system, workers compensation insurance, and employers liability insurance. The Workers Compensation course is interactive and will improve your technical skills giving you the practical knowledge you need. You will be able to immediately apply what you learn to better answer your client’s important coverage questions, adding real value to your client relationships.
- Introduction/Overview of Workers Compensation
- Important Details About Workers Compensation
- The Information Page
- The Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance Policy
- Endorsements to the Policy
What's in it for
- Protection for commercial clients–Directors & Officers Liability Seminar
- A dependable process to uncover exposures and identify coverage requirements with Cyber and Risk Management
- Specialized knowledge that leads to an accurate client profile with seminars like Disability Income & Long-Term Care Insurance
- A comprehensive approach to clients’ personal and commercial insurance needs with Personal and Commercial Lines Seminars
What's in it for Your Agency or Company?
- Client protection and retention with seminars like Professional Liability Concepts
- Topics that cover state-specific information and forms (where applicable)
- Ways to grow the agency‘s divisions and an informed team member—Multilines and Risk Management
- Reduced Errors & Omissions
- Better business for company partners with increased technical knowledge from seminars like Spoilage, Utilities, and Ordinance of Law
What's in it for You?
- Practical, specific knowledge to increase your earnings by drilling down into details of policy, coverage, and exposures with seminars like Commercial General Liability and Business Auto
- Ways to expand business with coverage insights into industry areas such as Life & Health Insurance
- Networking and in-depth discussions and postings with colleagues and faculty
- Preparatory seminars for earning your CIC designation—Preparing for CIC Personal Auto and Homeowners
- Cross-selling and account rounding opportunities with Commercial Lines and Personal Lines Seminars