To keep our community safe and healthy, all classroom programs scheduled before June 1st have been postponed.
The Covid-19 pandemic is changing how the world operates. We’re being asked to adapt to remote work, grocery shopping is different, and we’re seeing our industry’s resilience clearer than ever. As with crises like sever weather events, or simple everyday disruptions like car accidents, the insurance industry consistently takes a leadership role in our country and communities. We’ve always responded with innovation and integrity and in our current crisis, when our clients and colleagues need us the most, we’re staying stronger and more united than ever.
Build your professional specialty with industry-specific courses.
Open to all insurance and risk management professionals!
Dues-paid National Alliance designees are eligible for update credit!
PROFocus Series Courses—available in both classroom and instructor-led online formats—deliver high-level insurance and risk education for ALL industry, insurance, and risk management practitioners. These specialty courses are designed to build your industry-specific business and increase your income. Tap into the essentials and get answers to your most challenging questions about the specialty area you are in or would like to move into.
- Innovate with new approaches, increase revenue with marketplace trends, and meet the unique needs of your clients
- Based on the renowned James K. Ruble courses and taught by an all-star faculty—experience a superior level of content
These courses do not offer any state CE credit
These are the times clients and colleagues need you the most.
Are you looking to increase your knowledge with the latest changes in the industry in which you specialize? Or do you want to expand your business into a different industry like Large Commercial or Contractors?
Don’t pass up this one-of-a-kind niche course— you’ll learn all about meeting your contractor or subcontractor clients’ insurance and risk needs! Plus, if you are thinking about moving into this growing industry market segment, you’ll want to register now, too!
- Construction contract analysis
- Contractor casualty issues and solutions
- Contract bonds
- Workers compensation issues for the contractor
- Owner and contractor-controlled insurance programs
- Construction defects — tearing down the mysteries
- Contractors property exposures and coverages
All interested professionals should take advantage of this Cyber Risk Course which presents an advanced risk management protection strategy.
Cyber Risk is a concern for every business or institution including the protection of sensitive and confidential client information. Emerging cyber risks are always evolving and trends must be continually studied. Nationally recognized faculty keep you from being at sea in this fluid field. The course covers risk management protection strategies and plans for an agency or company and its clients, including a review and analysis of insurance options for both liability and property exposures related to cyber.
- Security breaches and identity theft
- Review of Federal and State statutes
- Protection of intangible assets
- Loss control solutions and risk financing options
Ask the experts about D&O coverages and endorsements, fiduciary and employee benefits liability, employment practices, operational management risks and get the answers you need!
How would it change your business to have access to the same technical knowledge, strategies, and tools that insurance and risk management experts use to lead effectively, efficiently and profitably, empowering you to thrive in your specialty?
This vital Executive Risk Course is devoted to the exposures, insurance coverages, and risk management techniques for successfully dealing with the specific risks faced by executives for their organizations. Build the profiles your clients need with instruction from insurance and risk management industry experts.
- Executive risk exposures
- Directors & Officers coverages and endorsements
- Fiduciary and employee benefits liability
- Employment practices
- Operational management risks
Learn from faculty members who have long-time experience with the trucking and the motor carrier industry. Get the latest information on industry changes and an insightful review of policy forms, trends, markets, and regulations pertinent to trucking and motor carriers.
- Examination of characteristics and activities of trucker clients
- Analysis of trucking exposures and available coverage forms
- Trucking regulations and how specific requirements affect coverage
- Current trucking markets—a forum presentation
For agency and company personnel who are responsible for protecting the property and casualty loss exposures for those organizations in the healthcare arena.
The unique risk management areas, liability and property coverage, and special underwriting problems found in the healthcare industry make this course particularly valuable for all those involved in handling the risk management and property/casualty insurance issues of this segment. The advanced course content is designed for risk managers, producers, agency owners, and company personnel who are responsible for protecting the property and casualty loss exposures that medical professionals, hospitals, clinics, and/or long-term care facilities face.
Insuring Healthcare Risks – The Foundation (4 hours)
Agents will examine the unique attributes and differentiators of the healthcare industry, its exposures, and coverages. They will explore regulatory issues along with insurance trends and challenges. They will look at coverages provided in various insurance policies including Directors & Officers, Side A Excess Difference in Conditions, Employment Practices Liability, Cyber, and more.
Medical Malpractice and Insuring Healthcare Professionals and Organizations (4 hours)
Agents will examine medical malpractice trends in claims frequency and severity. They will identify the types of insurers and the challenges they encounter. They will discuss alternatives to address these challenges, such as mergers and acquisitions, diversification, etc. In this session, agents will identify the key exposures, underwriting issues, and complexities associated with insuring physicians, aging services (nursing homes and assisted living), and ancillary healthcare organizations.
Insuring Hospitals: Sources & Treatments of Risks (4 hours)
Agents will look at the hospital as an enterprise and examine current and evolving sources of risk that a hospital is exposed to in today’s environment. They will learn the sources of risk and then identify the specific risks and exposures inherent to a hospital. They will discuss the treatment of these unique risks using risk management and insurance solutions.
The Edge of Risk: Evolving Risk Management Strategies & Tactics for 2020 (4 hours)
Health systems have proven effective at doing what they were designed to do. However, the current practice is not sufficient to address many complex health challenges. Agents will examine the development of the healthcare system. This will include America’s Patient Safety Movement and the pivot from Safety I (zero harm) to Safety II (adapt to the constantly change in healthcare). Agents will learn about Communication and Resolution Programs (CRPs), what they are and why they are important. They will assess the challenges created by changes in the modern healthcare delivery system and discuss the impact of these changes. They will examine options for the future direction of the healthcare system and their impact from a risk management perspective.
Get up to speed with this industry-specific course which explores the challenging issues surrounding insuring large commercial accounts.
This Large Commercial course is an excellent insurance and risk management value. The complexity of insuring accounts with premiums of $750,000+ means unique risks for the client and a challenge for the agent, risk manager, or company employee. Understand unique exposures, study risk management and insurance responses, and gain practical knowledge with immediate applications. This course addresses alternate funding techniques in multiple casualty areas and specifically disaster preparedness planning.
Topics May Include:
- Property and casualty issues for the large commercial account
- Disaster preparedness planning
- Navigating the Global Marketplace
- Foreign Coverages and Other International Exposures and Coverages
- Alternate Funding
- Why Use Alternate Funding
- Tools, Options, Mechanisms
What's in it for
- Practical, real-world information that provides best-in-class knowledge and best-in-class protection.
- A well-designed and thorough profile of complex exposures and coverage remedies.
- Your in-depth knowledge of current approaches in both personal and commercial lines.
What's in it for Your Agency or Company?
- Client protection and retention.
- Insight into reducing Errors & Omissions.
- Dependable technical knowledge and trusted expertise.
- Your growing book of business.
- A team member who can answer the challenging P&C questions.
What's in it for You?
- Professionals with their CIC designation earn 30% more than their undesignated counterparts.
- Exclusive access and special consideration with “A” rated insurers through the CIC Select Program.
- High-level, market-focused update and CE Credit: Click here to determine state specific availability.
- Ability to customize your designation in these areas with expanded CIC curricula and the CRM and CPRM for CIC options.