Former Michigan Young Agents Chairperson Leah Robinson, AINS, CAWC, CIC, CRM of My Member Insurance Agency joins host Dustyne Bryant, MBA, CIC, CISR to discuss the 2022 Michigan Young Agents Conference.
The duo conducts multiple on-site interviews to learn more about the MI Young Agents group’s culture, the goals of the event’s participants and speakers, the value of education and success, the importance of finding one’s passion in life, and friendly competition.
What is YOUR most AWKWARD first-year agent story? Comment below!
Leah Robinson, AINS, CAWC, CIC, CRM
is a Commercial Lines Agent at the My Member Insurance Agency in Saginaw, MI. Considering herself a generalist, Leah enjoys working with clients ranging from cannabis cultivators to contractors, and everything in between. Leah has been on the Big I Michigan Young Agents Committee since 2018 and is currently the Past-Chair until August 31, 2023. In September 2022 Leah was named Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America’s National Young Agent of the Year. Leah first became a student of the insurance industry in the fall of 2012 as a senior in high school taking dual enrollment classes with Olivet College. She later graduated Summa Cum Laude from Olivet College in 2016 with her bachelor’s degree, dual majoring in Insurance & Risk Management and Financial Planning.
Speakers In this episode (in order):
- Dustyne Bryant, CIC, CISR, Personal Lines Academic Director at The National Alliance For Insurance Education & Research
- Mac Leberman, Media Producer for The National Alliance For Insurance Education & Research
- Leah Robinson, AINS, CAWC, CIC, CRM Producer at My Member Insurance Agency
- Paul Martin, CPCU Director of Academy Content at The National Alliance For Insurance Education & Research
- Tom Humphreys, CPCU, CLU, ChFC, CIC Director of Risk Management and Insurance Center at Olivet College
- Ethan Gross, CEO of Globe Midwest Adjusters International
- Alec Richmond, CIC, Account Executive at The Richmond Agency; current Chairperson for Michigan Young Agents Association
- Joanna Dresden, CISR Elite, Hartland Insurance Agency
- Caryn Bedford, SPHR, CPC, Chief Learning and Talend Officer at Big I Michigan
- Cathy Baldwin, CIC, Director of Marking and Communication at J.M. Wilson
- Jordan Burns, Owner/CEO of Beyond Insurance Group
Dustyne Bryant, MBA, CIC, CISR
Personal Lines Academic Director
Dustyne Bryant, is the Personal Lines Academic Director for The National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research. In her role, Dustyne collaborates with National Alliance faculty and industry colleagues to research and analyze Personal Lines segment trends, data, and coverage in an effort to deliver relevant and quality educational content to growing insurance professionals.