Students are thinking about their future. How will they earn a living?
Although students may feel uncertain about what happens next, all of them should feel empowered to reach their full potential.
Career and technical education programs help students earn rewarding insurance industry jobs and are vital to their success after graduating. The Certified Insurance Service Representative High School Program offers students the opportunity to earn the CISR student certification – a high demand and high wage nationally recognized designation for front-line professionals.
The CISR for High School program equips students with industry training so they can analyze insurance risks, policies, forms, and claims data, giving them a significant advantage before entering the workforce.
* Internships and real-world opportunities
* Internationally recognized designation/stackable credentials
*Potential college credit at 29 University Associate Programs
* Participation in post-secondary and industry-sponsored events and activities
* Scholarship and entry-level employment opportunities available through internships and industry based CTSO sponsored competitive events
*Industry training and CISR credentialing for teachers through The National Alliance
*Complete industry created curriculum: course materials, lesson plans, study guides, pre-tests and certification exams included
*Easy-to-use Learning Management System
*Total program support including industry professionals, professional curriculum writer, IT help desk, CTE program specialist on staff
*2020-2021 TEA Approved List of Industry-Based Certifications
* Aligned with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), College & Career Readiness Standards (CCMR), and the industry-based standards of the CISR High School Program
* CTE weighted funding with program pricing tailored for every campus and district
* Improves your A-F accountability, every student receives CCMR points upon completion
*No special training required for CTE certified teachers, but is provided as part of the program
CISRs ENJOY SUCCESSFUL CAREERS IN MANY AREAS OF THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY
- Customer Service Representative (CSR)
- Customer Service Agent (CSA)
- Customer Service Manager
- Account Executive
- Office Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Account Manager
- Senior Account Manager
- Personal Lines Account Manager
- Personal Lines CSR
- Personal Lines Insurance Agent
- Personal Lines Producer
- Personal Lines Supervisor
- Commercial Lines Account Manager
- Commercial Lines CSR
- Commercial Lines Insurance Agent
- Commercial Lines Producer
- Commercial Lines Supervisor
Empower Your Students
Annual Site License
4A Schools or Larger
3A Schools or Smaller
Students must pass an industry certification exam to earn the CISR designation.
- Practice Exams
- Two Retakes
- Immediate Feedback
Engaging online curriculum is easily accessible through a learning management system.
- Video Lectures
- Easy to Use
Teacher development training available and IT support provided.
- Online Self-Study
- Onsite Training
- Help Desk M-F
Career and Technical Education Directors want high school students to secure rewarding jobs after graduation
To ensure that every high school student obtains a thriving career in the future, CTE directors must provide only the very best practical technical education available today.
The Certified Insurance Service Representative Program for High School gives students the opportunity to earn a nationally recognized industry designation before they graduate. Provided by The National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research, this highly sought-after designation prepares high school students to become front-line professionals who analyze risks, policies, forms, and claims data. For over 33 years, the CISR designation has afforded insurance professionals a significant advantage in the workforce.