Certified Insurance Service Representative
Today’s organizations live and die by their customer service—so be great at what you do! If you are thinking about expanding your skills, only one program should be on your radar—CISR.
Why? CISR courses are known for preparing front-line professionals to analyze risks, policies, forms, and claims data and communicate that understanding clearly to their clients, carriers, and colleagues. There are no prerequisites for taking courses or enrolling in the CISR Program. But if you:
- are an employee of an agency, insurance company, or insurance-related business,
- are an agent, account manager or executive, customer service representative, agency or company manager, or
- are a new representative or agent,
you’ll benefit from attending CISR courses which set the standard for training in technical expertise, productivity, responsibilities, and client relationships.
Earning the CISR designation is tangible proof of your commitment to a superior level of customer service—for your clients, as well as for your organization.
CISR Course Options
Commercial Casualty I
Commercial Casualty II
Personal Lines - Miscellaneous
Elements of Risk Management
Life & Health Essentials
Insuring Commercial Property
Insuring Personal Auto Exposures
Insuring Personal Residential Property
- One-day courses packed with powerful skill and career-advancing instruction, followed by an optional 1-hour exam—passing the exam is required to earn the designation
- Choose from nine CISR course offerings to fit your professional needs, conducted in hundreds of locations in major cities throughout the U.S. and internationally
- Get concrete, current examples and case studies presented by top-notch faculty to help you apply what you learn
- In-house classes at your place of business can be arranged—contact Business Development at 800-633-2165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Courses are accessible by computer, tablet, or cell phone—24/7 with a 60-day period to complete (currently, the notebooks and other documents are not optimized to read on your phone)
- Enjoy the easy-to-use learning environment—navigate freely
- You’re in charge—the courses are self-directed! Stop and start your sessions anytime—your place will be saved
- You’ll find helpful interactive Knowledge Check exercises with great feedback
- There are self-quizzes to check comprehension—passing is required
- Complete the 1-hour proctored final exam to earn designation credit
Earning the Designation
Take five of the nine CISR courses and pass all the corresponding exams within three calendar years after you pass your first CISR exam.
Earn Prestigious Distinction Consecutively
Earn the respected CISR Elite distinction after achieving your CISR designation. By choosing to attend the four remaining CISR courses and passing the exams within a three-year period, you’ll achieve this advanced status. Click here to learn more.
Maintaining Your Designation
After earning the CISR designation, you must meet an annual update requirement. Choose from the list provided, classroom or online. Please note that online self-paced courses require completion of all quizzes and review test. Click here to see if you need to take and pass the final exam(s) to receive state CE credit where available. These are the CISR annual update options—
Satisfies your annual update—up to two years
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) course
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM) course
- Certified Personal Risk Manager (CPRM) course
- Dynamics Series—Classroom Sales Training (dues required)
- Ruble/ProFocus (dues required)
- Entrepreneurial Insurance Symposium (dues required)
Satisfies your annual update—two 4-hr courses; no dues required
- William T. Hold Seminars—Self-Paced Online (4-hour)
- Ethics—Self-Paced Online (4-hour)
- Insuring Flood Exposures—Self-Paced Online (4-hour)
Satisfies your annual update—one 7-hr course, classroom or online; no dues required
- William T. Hold Seminars—Classroom (7-hour)
- Dynamics of Service—Classroom (7-hour)
- Certified School Risk Manager (CSRM) course
- Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR) course